These cacao and lavender shortbread cookies are so easy to make and perfect when dunked into a big ol’ cup of cacao!
The recipe uses the leftover grounds from a cacao and lavender infusion, but you can use your leftover Cacao Brew grounds without the lavender too! Either way, you need to try these!
We have shared both the infusion and shortbread recipe below.
2 tbsps Cacao Brew
¾ tsp lavender flowers
Splash of madagascar vanilla syrup
175g unsalted butter (softened)
2 tbsps Cacao Brew/Lavender infusion leftovers
100g golden caster sugar
225g plain flour
25g demerara sugar
- Add softened butter and your Cacao Brew & lavender infusion leftovers in a mixing bowl and beat together. Tip: For best results, dry out the infusion leftovers first to remove excess moisture.
- Beat the caster sugar into the butter, Cacao Brew & lavender. Then stir in the flour.
- Bring the mixture together with your hands and knead lightly until smooth.
- Divide the mixture in half and roll out to form two sausage shapes, 15cm long. Roll the dough “sausages” in demerara sugar until evenly coated. Wrap in baking paper and chill for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/160°C Fan. Cut each “sausage” into about 10 slices and place them across two baking trays lined with baking paper. Make sure you leave a little room for them to spread.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the biscuits are pale golden brown at the edges. Let them cool completely before making yourself a brew and tucking in!